Sunday, March 15, 2009

Called Out

My husband and I just closed on a co-op apartment. (Thanks, economic meltdown!) It's in a family-friendly neighborhood in Brooklyn. We needed a little more space for the baby, and now we'll be right by the park, the library, the YMCA, plus some family. We're very excited.

The only bummer is that we like to think of ourselves as bohemian and edgy (I know, I know), and we're a little touchy about the reputation of our safe, charming neighborhood. We avoid telling people we live in >cringe< Park Slope.

We know this is silly. And besides, all the family-friendly elements are exactly what we love about it. And I'm sure we'll keep our edge, right?

Uh, wrong. An F train subway ad:

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

what's that saying? "you can take the family out of the edge but you can't take the edge out of the family"